|Deviant Login||Shop||Join deviantART for FREE||Take the Tour|
Hums are Things Which Get YouTitle: Hums are Things which Get You
Characters: Lily Evans, Severus Snape
Summary: Lily is captivated by the rather unlikely idea of Severus singing and finds that the thought makes studying rather difficult. Set in the spring of their fourth year.
Pale gold sunlight filtered down through leaves to where Lily and Severus sat against the trunk of a tree. She was pleased he had allowed himself to be persuaded to leave the castle's dim halls and come outside to study, as it was a comfortably warm spring day with a light breeze. Lily was paging through her Transfiguration text, but only half paying attention to the words; the other half of her attention was given to the sounds of leaves and grass rustling and the splashing, laughing noises carried up on the wind from the lake.
As Lily drowsed a little, she caught a hint of a low musical sound, with a kind of buzzing or rumbling quality to it. What the...? she thought, glancing
5 things - Every Flavor BeansFive Things prompt from lunylucy:
4 Every Flavor Beans flavors that Dumbledore hates and 1 that he loves.
1. Lemon custard. Ariana always was very fond of the stuff.
2. Mown grass. Not only is he not a cow, but it is sometimes a bit difficult to convince people of the truth of one's vast stores of mysterious wisdom while sporting lips and a tongue that look like a ripe lime. A reputation for eccentric brilliance only goes so far.
3. Candied violet. Gellert had once presented him with a small box of the real sort, smartly done up in silver paper and tied with a thin purple ribbon. He'd mentioned idly with a subtle wink that a curious piece of Muggle folklore considered it an infallible love charm.
4. Salt and vinegar. "Hate" might be a strong word, though; more like "irritation". He can never manage to find the fish-and-chip-flavoured ones to go with.
5. Christmas pudding. He especially likes to top a real Christmas pudding wit
5 things - Severus in privateFive Things prompt from mimimanderly:
Five things that Severus Snape does only when he's absolutely certain that he's alone and unobserved (even by the portraits!) that he would be mortified if word got out about.
Don't you make that "old news" face at me. You only think you've seen him brooding, apprentice. O, how little you truly know of it! What you have glimpsed was merely light pondering, or if you were fortunate in your timing and commendably sneaky in your technique of spying observation, perhaps a spot of moody introspection.
No. We are speaking here of something that borders on its own occult phenomenon. Only when truly, silently, deathly alone will he give in to this urge which he regards as contemptible in its self-indulgence, disgusting in its pathos and weakness, and, worst of all, which plays into a stereotype without actually giving him any kickback he can bend to his advantage (unlike al
Keep in Touch!
Endorell-Taelos is very well known within the community for her selfless giving and gracious community spirit. Since joining DeviantART over seven years ago, Alicia has continued to make a positive impact on many deviants. Her helpful and thoughtful approach was one of her finest attributes when serving as a Community Volunteer, and this has continued throughout the many contests which Alicia provides on a regular basis. As we approach our Birthday celebrations, we can't... Read More